30 August 2006

This tickles my funny bone :-)

Note from the LuapHacim, 11/14/2012: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect my current beliefs and convictions. Even if they do, I would almost certainly express them in different words today. Time changes people, and I am not exempt. Nonetheless, because of its historical value, I will not modify or remove this post. It tells you (and me) something important about where I've been. Read on at your own peril.

Sorry for the long absence; life has gotten in the way.

This makes me smile:
[Iranian president] Mahmoud Ahmadinejad shrugged off tomorrow's U.N.-imposed deadline for Iran to halt its nuclear program and said he and Bush should take their dispute to the airwaves.

"I suggest holding a live TV debate with Mr. George W. Bush to talk about world affairs and the ways to solve those issues," he said in a rare press conference in Tehran. "The debate should be uncensored, in order for the American people to be able to listen to what we say, and they should not restrict the American people from hearing the truth."
Isn't that the best idea evar? The world's two least sane leaders in the same place, at the same time, talking at one another about the same topic.

One wonders if Bush's non sequiturs and rhetorical missteps would be able to hobble Ahmadinejad's twisted, outrageous, brilliant insanity. Either way, I'd watch it.

No comments: