11 December 2006

Less Tongue, Please

I've been convicted lately about my unruly mouth. So much trouble over so few words... I need to try to follow James's council:

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.... With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.


Thus begins tongue patrol, day 1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good reminder, buddy. I needed it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

welcome home and merry christmas sir! it's very good to have you back.