05 October 2006

My new semester

It's funny how, even though the semester isn't even half over, all the grad students in the department go wild to see the new course list for the spring. I mentioned to a couple of people that it was online, and they promptly trampled me like wildebeest in heat in an effort to get to their computers. Crazy.

My semester is looking pretty sweet:

MWF 3-3:50 -- Beowulf. The original text, suckaz. (Ic sprece ealda Englisc.)
TR 9:30-10:45 -- Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition. And I'm wagering it's every bit as good as it sounds. :-)

MWF 1-1:50 -- Teaching a class on sci-fi, robots, and mechanical monsters. I think it's safe to say I'm about to meddle in God's domain and then reap the horrifying consequences.

MWF ??? -- Boring ol' 102. Boo.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

and in just a few years, the next harry potterish success story will be metal robots speaking old english.. all thanks to the ku professors molding this man's brain. :)

See you sunday!

Joyous said...

Happy Birthday, Micah Pal!

tsbjf said...

Sounds like it's your birthday today, hope you have a good one! That sci-fi class sounds pretty cool.

Joyous said...

the sci-fi and robots one sounds awesome!

luaphacim said...

Marshwiggle, my brain does a pretty good job of molding on its own. :-)